You will need:
250g mince pork
1 medium carrot, chopped finely
3 scallions (spring onions), chopped finely
Salt and pepper
Spring roll wrappers (rice paper)
*for finger-size rolls use mini size wrappers, available online or from Asian markets
- Mix mice pork, chopped carrots, scallions, salt and pepper.
- On a clean chopping board, lay the rice paper flat, in a diamond-shape position.
- Scoop ½ a tablespoon of the meat mixture on the rice paper. With the corner nearest to you, roll that corner over the mixture, then grab each of the other corners, alternating over each other. Roll to firm state. Dab warm water on the top corner to seal the roll. Repeat process for however many pieces of spring rolls you want to make. Best to use up all the mixture.
- In a deep fryer, bring oil to boil. Reduce heat. Deep-fry rolls until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or chilli sauce.